Pella - Windows rotten from top to bottom
Thank you for sending Bob Gibson, a Pella representative to my residence. Per Bob, the lower windows that he inspected are separating. At my residence, there are 12 openings with 79 windows. I was informed that 13 of 27 lower windows would need to be replaced and the windows would be sent to me to install.
However, the upper and center windows were not inspected. To determine the extent of the problem and damage to the windows, and thus resolve the underlying problem, one would need to thoroughly inspect all 79 windows including the upper and center windows. To do this, one would need to go outside with a ladder to inspect all 79 windows that were purchased from Pella and installed by a Pella Certified Contractor.
In the past, I experienced problems with the windows and a Pella representative visited my residence. At that time, I was informed about the following problems from a Pella representative: (1) the Pella windows were installed with no "R" factor (insulation); (2) the Pella window frames were rotted and the clad lifted.
During this time, all 79 sashes were replaced and two inch screws installed to hold the windows' mechanism in place. Per the Pella representative, the repair was only a "bandaid" to the problem. Now the "bandaid" has lost its adhesive. The initial problem was never resolved.
You have indicated in the email below that your records indicate that the Pella windows are from 1998 and beyond any factory warranty. Per your records, the factory warranty has expired. However, Pella violated the warranty because the windows that I purchased from Pella and installed by a Pella Certified Contractor are: (1) not fit for use; (2) not free from defective material or workmanship. Therefore, I do not think I should incur the cost of purchasing and installing all new windows and for certain other repairs of the windows necessitated by a known manufacturing defect.
To help resolve the problem and not resort to another "bandaid", I am requesting that you replace all 12 openings with double hung/transom tops. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Now i think the best way to handle this is to set up a protest / picked outside pella stores. Also picked outside lowes . You have to hit them were it hurts. SO LETS GET ORGANIZED AND SEND E - MAILS TO EACH OTHER AND DATES TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. firstname.lastname@example.org
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Pella Windows Products
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "In the spring of 2014 we replaced our 15 year old Vetter windows with Marvin New build Low E 272 with argon windows. With in a year I started..."
- "Applied Behr Deck Over to new deck following instructions to the letter. 1 year later it is peeling in stripsThis year it is even worse. . We didn't even put..."
- "I sent Pella Corporation a Very Serious Letter of complaint by email back on Tuesday, August 23, 2016 because I had bought one of their Glass Screen Doors and was..."
- "I went to hair cuttery in quakertown, pa to get a hair cut and asked for brown highlights , the lady bleached my hair ( full set ), my hair..."
- "MIKE PLEASE WE ARE BEGGING YOU PLEASE GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK. I WILL PAY THE POSTAGE!!!! WE REALLY NEED IT I HAVE 3 SMALL CHILDREN. I paid Mike Durrant of..."
- "We recently rented a car from Enterprise, but did NOT purchase their insurance - HUGE mistake. While doing the inspection with the representative before we left with the car,..."
- "The Clearance rack at the Vallejo Ross NEVER has more than one dress for sale in Women's sizes 18-24. The manager fails to keep it stocked. Photo: October 22nd...."
- "I bought a bag for my daughter to take for her Karate uniform. She used the bag a time and a half, as after 3 times zipping up the zipper,..."
- "Your store in NJ did honor the $ 300.00 gift card which was given to me from Chicago store for purchasing the $ 6000 worth of furniture last year and..."