Pella - Windows rotten from top to bottom
Thank you for sending Bob Gibson, a Pella representative to my residence. Per Bob, the lower windows that he inspected are separating. At my residence, there are 12 openings with 79 windows. I was informed that 13 of 27 lower windows would need to be replaced and the windows would be sent to me to install.
However, the upper and center windows were not inspected. To determine the extent of the problem and damage to the windows, and thus resolve the underlying problem, one would need to thoroughly inspect all 79 windows including the upper and center windows. To do this, one would need to go outside with a ladder to inspect all 79 windows that were purchased from Pella and installed by a Pella Certified Contractor.
In the past, I experienced problems with the windows and a Pella representative visited my residence. At that time, I was informed about the following problems from a Pella representative: (1) the Pella windows were installed with no "R" factor (insulation); (2) the Pella window frames were rotted and the clad lifted.
During this time, all 79 sashes were replaced and two inch screws installed to hold the windows' mechanism in place. Per the Pella representative, the repair was only a "bandaid" to the problem. Now the "bandaid" has lost its adhesive. The initial problem was never resolved.
You have indicated in the email below that your records indicate that the Pella windows are from 1998 and beyond any factory warranty. Per your records, the factory warranty has expired. However, Pella violated the warranty because the windows that I purchased from Pella and installed by a Pella Certified Contractor are: (1) not fit for use; (2) not free from defective material or workmanship. Therefore, I do not think I should incur the cost of purchasing and installing all new windows and for certain other repairs of the windows necessitated by a known manufacturing defect.
To help resolve the problem and not resort to another "bandaid", I am requesting that you replace all 12 openings with double hung/transom tops. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Now i think the best way to handle this is to set up a protest / picked outside pella stores. Also picked outside lowes . You have to hit them were it hurts. SO LETS GET ORGANIZED AND SEND E - MAILS TO EACH OTHER AND DATES TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. email@example.com
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Pella Windows Products
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "We had Congoleum Duraceramic tiles professionally installed in our kitchen seven years ago and after two years noticed white wear marks in areas. A dropped fork can dent tile. We..."
- "Purchased patio door from Lowe's. Went with this product on recommendation by contractor. *** move. Issue one. Door arrived with passive latch system broken. Lowes..."
- "I purchased a JELD-WEN fiberglass exterior front door from Bay Area Molding & Door which installed the door for me in July 2013. The main reason why I chose..."
- "It's a place for the scammers and liars. Women (mostly from Ghana & Nigeria) supposedly having pictures of either British or Finnish decendants but are in fact guys hiding behind..."
- "Rich Dad Education got me registered after some slick sales talk in a downtown Philadelphia hotel, for a 3-day 'Financial Freedom Seminar' which I could not attend due to extenuating..."
- "I paid Bravo Marble & Granite to install granite countertops, backsplash, sink and faucet, along with the plumbing work. The same evening, upon careful inspection, I noticed they installed..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "I purchased the veggie lovers bag salad from my local grocery store in Maryland and have been slowly consuming it over the last 3 days. Today at lunch I found..."