Featured

Thank you for sending Bob Gibson, a Pella representative to my residence. Per Bob, the lower windows that he inspected are separating. At my residence, there are 12 openings with 79 windows. I was informed that 13 of 27 lower windows would need to be replaced and the windows would be sent to me to install.

However, the upper and center windows were not inspected. To determine the extent of the problem and damage to the windows, and thus resolve the underlying problem, one would need to thoroughly inspect all 79 windows including the upper and center windows. To do this, one would need to go outside with a ladder to inspect all 79 windows that were purchased from Pella and installed by a Pella Certified Contractor.

In the past, I experienced problems with the windows and a Pella representative visited my residence. At that time, I was informed about the following problems from a Pella representative: (1) the Pella windows were installed with no "R" factor (insulation); (2) the Pella window frames were rotted and the clad lifted.

During this time, all 79 sashes were replaced and two inch screws installed to hold the windows' mechanism in place. Per the Pella representative, the repair was only a "bandaid" to the problem. Now the "bandaid" has lost its adhesive. The initial problem was never resolved.

You have indicated in the email below that your records indicate that the Pella windows are from 1998 and beyond any factory warranty. Per your records, the factory warranty has expired. However, Pella violated the warranty because the windows that I purchased from Pella and installed by a Pella Certified Contractor are: (1) not fit for use; (2) not free from defective material or workmanship. Therefore, I do not think I should incur the cost of purchasing and installing all new windows and for certain other repairs of the windows necessitated by a known manufacturing defect.

To help resolve the problem and not resort to another "bandaid", I am requesting that you replace all 12 openings with double hung/transom tops. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Now i think the best way to handle this is to set up a protest / picked outside pella stores. Also picked outside lowes . You have to hit them were it hurts. SO LETS GET ORGANIZED AND SEND E - MAILS TO EACH OTHER AND DATES TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. timlippick@msn.com

Respectfully,

Tim Lippick

Review about: Pella Window.

Had an Experience with Pella?

Comments

Was going to purchase Pella but think I'm going to back away from this company. PS. Dave in Norfolk Virginia is an ***.

Warren, Oregon, United States #719011

Kudos for a well written complaint. You could give lessons to most of the complainers on this forum.. :zzz :zzz

to Anonymous Norfolk, Virginia, United States #719231

A KUDO IS A ANIMAL IN AFRICA ITS NOT A COMPLIMENT . HOW ABOUT NEXT TIME SAYING THIS ,( GREAT JOB ), KUDOS ...IT JUST SOUNDS RIDICULOUS , CHILDISH.

to DAVE Oxford, Massachusetts, United States #724640

Hey Dave,

Chill.Merriam-Webster says kudos is a compliment or praise.

Many words can mean many things in different languages. Yes, a Kudo is an animal in Africa, and I believe it is a form of martial arts in Asia.

But, in America kudos is praise.And anyway we're here to talk about windows so, who looks ridiculous here?