Pella - Windows rotten from top to bottom
Thank you for sending Bob Gibson, a Pella representative to my residence. Per Bob, the lower windows that he inspected are separating. At my residence, there are 12 openings with 79 windows. I was informed that 13 of 27 lower windows would need to be replaced and the windows would be sent to me to install.
However, the upper and center windows were not inspected. To determine the extent of the problem and damage to the windows, and thus resolve the underlying problem, one would need to thoroughly inspect all 79 windows including the upper and center windows. To do this, one would need to go outside with a ladder to inspect all 79 windows that were purchased from Pella and installed by a Pella Certified Contractor.
In the past, I experienced problems with the windows and a Pella representative visited my residence. At that time, I was informed about the following problems from a Pella representative: (1) the Pella windows were installed with no "R" factor (insulation); (2) the Pella window frames were rotted and the clad lifted.
During this time, all 79 sashes were replaced and two inch screws installed to hold the windows' mechanism in place. Per the Pella representative, the repair was only a "bandaid" to the problem. Now the "bandaid" has lost its adhesive. The initial problem was never resolved.
You have indicated in the email below that your records indicate that the Pella windows are from 1998 and beyond any factory warranty. Per your records, the factory warranty has expired. However, Pella violated the warranty because the windows that I purchased from Pella and installed by a Pella Certified Contractor are: (1) not fit for use; (2) not free from defective material or workmanship. Therefore, I do not think I should incur the cost of purchasing and installing all new windows and for certain other repairs of the windows necessitated by a known manufacturing defect.
To help resolve the problem and not resort to another "bandaid", I am requesting that you replace all 12 openings with double hung/transom tops. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Now i think the best way to handle this is to set up a protest / picked outside pella stores. Also picked outside lowes . You have to hit them were it hurts. SO LETS GET ORGANIZED AND SEND E - MAILS TO EACH OTHER AND DATES TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN. email@example.com
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Pella Windows Products
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "Applied Behr Deck Over to new deck following instructions to the letter. 1 year later it is peeling in stripsThis year it is even worse. . We didn't even put..."
- "In the spring of 2014 we replaced our 15 year old Vetter windows with Marvin New build Low E 272 with argon windows. With in a year I started..."
- "My Pulte home came with a "free" baseline electric Whirlpool kitchen appliance package, with multiple options to upgrade the appliance line as long as it was electric. Only one..."
- "I am having the same experience with Gold Crown Resort. When we purchased our membership we were told the annual renewal fee was waived for life. Now, all of a..."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "I write to introduce our financial services to you. I am a direct mandate to a Financial Institution who is also known as private lender specialized in the Lease and..."
- "Jim Walter and Companies have built a defective home in so many ways that it can not be repaired and needs to be torn down it is unsafe and a..."
- "Shopped at store 8:45 9/13/16 and store had more employees than shoppers. Saw isle with clearance items. Asked employee Scott prices for 2 items that were last ones, not..."
- "Hi my name is Autumn and I've been smoking these for two years this morning I went and bought a pack but when I opened it I noticed one was..."