I don't even know where to start with this rant. I am 63 years old and this is, without a doubt, the worst company I have ever tried to do business with. I wish I had done more research. The garage door I bought is a Pella, (nothing good to say about those folks either), manufactured by Amarr. It was a special order door. The size is 10' x 18' and it is insulated. From the time the door was installed (Sept. 2017), it would not stay level in the opening. Twice, the cable drums loosened from the torsion shaft and left the door jambed in the opening, unable to go up or down. I called Amarr on 2/12/2018 and was told to file a warranty claim. Their website to file the claim says someone will contact the customer within three days about the claim. This is a joke. Nearly 7 weeks and no one has ever contacted me regarding this problem. The claim was initiated on 2/12/2018. . I called on 2/15/2018 (8:30AM), no one there to help. I called again, same day (9:45AM) was told I needed to speak with Justin, but he was unavailable. I asked for the phone number of Ms Delana Lee, Service Center Manager. The receptionist refused to provide the number, but said she would e-mail Ms. Lee and she would call me. I asked for Ms. Lee's e-mail address and again she refused to provide the information. Ms. Lee has never contacted me. I called again on 2/15/2018 (3:45PM) and finally spoke with Justin. He agreed with everything I told him and said he would order a new torsion bar with a keyway and it would be about a week. I called on 2/23/2018 (2:00PM), no one there to talk to, but the receptionist said there would be no parts before 3/16/2018 and Justin would update me. I called on 3/15/2018 (1:18PM), no one there to talk to. She said she would request Justin return my call that day. NO ONE HAS EVER CONTACTED ME TO RESOLVE THIS. I have gone nearly 5 weeks without a functioning garage door. No equipment in or out of the shop as the only other door is a 3' entrance door.

I filed a complaint with the BBB on 3/19/2018. The company had ten days to respond. They did not. Lowe's (where I purchased the door) called me on 3/27/2018 and said they had parts to deliver the next day. Parts were delivered on 3/28/2018 but are not sufficient to make the door operate.

I will say that the door looks nice, but it is poorly designed. The stiffener on the upper section is too small and the section has a permanent bow in it from being in the open position and sagging in the middle. The torsion bar lift system supplied with the door might be sufficient for a door half this weight and size.

So this process started on 2/12/2018 and this is 3/30/2018. No one from the company has ever called to try and correct this. The parts they sent are insufficient. It is useless to call these people, as there is never anyone there to help. Do yourselves a favor folks, skip the headaches and the aggravation and buy your garage door from a reputable company. That would be someone OTHER than Amarr or Pella. These folks know little about garage doors and much, much less about customer service.

PS. Since neither of these companies felt the need to address my BBB complaints and I still don't have the needed parts after 7 weeks, I have recently filed complaints with the State Attorney General's office in their home states.

Review about: Amarr Door.

Preferred solution: parts.