100% full Not resolved

Update by user Mar 18, 2016

Rotted Doors

Original review posted by user Mar 17, 2016

I have six different Pella Designer Series doors that are rotted out at the bottom.The corner clips holding the trim on the outside of the doors along with the trim loosened over time.

Pella knew this was an issue and came out after 9 years and replace them free of charge... but the damage had been done and a year or two later they started showing.

Pella refuses to do anything to cover these door or give any type of discount on replacing them.I would never ever buy Pella again.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of pella door from Pella and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $20000 and wants Pella to "replace the doors".

The most disappointing in user's experience was defective design and unethical. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Pella for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Pella?

Comments

Greencastle, Indiana, United States #1188516

Pella is synonymous with junk; they built millions of bad windows and want to act like they didn't.They will not stand behind their product.

They are marketing heavily to builders to get some of their lost market share back but most builders are so disgusted with them that they would not install them if they were the last window in the world. The best strategies are to have their overpriced local distributor come out and give you an itemized estimate. Take it to to the local Lowes and special order the sashes for your windows and then replace them yourself. The windows that are not too bad should be sealed with a high quality exterior silicone caulk where the glass meets the aluminum at the exterior (which is where the water infiltrates).

You may also have replacement windows made to fit inside the the window openings.

The happiest day of my life will be when these filthy bastards go out of business.

*** and I was going to pay EXTRA for Pella "quality". I guess I will look elsewhere!

to Anonymous #1153432

A door rots from poor installation and or the homeowner not taking care of their humidity/it's wood in holes in your house, if not taken care of it will rot. You could have any sort of companies window and you would have the same problem. Especially over a period of time like that.

jagalyn
to Anonymous #1153471

Not true.You speak without knowing.

Pella had bad design on the exterior window molding on their doors and came out 10 years after installation before the warranty ended and replaced all of them for free. But by then, the damage had been done. This is not from poor installation as the doors slide on a track and are completely free of anything done on installation.

It is also not from a humidity issue as I have a complete air exchange humidity control system in my house.The Pella company is as bad as it's doors for admitting to a problem but not standing behind the problem their original designs caused.

to jagalyn #1164271

You speak and do not know, they did stand behind those years up to a certain time.Every company has gone through bad design or certain problems.

I've installed and built with Pella windows over the last 25 years, you're completely in left field.Just because a door slides doesn't mean anything, it still needs to be plum and level during installation.