1.3

I purchased 9 double hung, vinyl Pella windows. Six of the windows work great, however 3 of the windows are substandard.

Initially I had three windows with broken window tracks. I was fortunate they agreed to replace them. However all three of the top windows, the panes, are uneven. It's very visible when the windows are open and you can see and feel the angle of the top of the pane when they are closed.

The third window is uneven, severely wobbles back and forth from an improper fit, and doesn't move up and down smoothly, unlike the good six windows. I have contacted Pella but even after sending them pictures and a video of the shaking window. The wobbling window is said to be expansion and contraction. This in not expansion and contraction since they've been doing this for a few months while I've been waiting for Pella to respond to my requests.

They are also telling me the defective windows meet their specifications. I have asked to see my window specification report and the company specification requirements. They refuse to allow me to review them. What do they have to hide.

Each window cost about $350.00 and you would expect to receive quality products, as quality products with excellent warranties is what they recite whenever you call the customer service number. I now have to figure how to get those windows replaced while living on a pension, and I will be paying again for installation. This is totally unacceptable. I am extremely disappointed with this company and their products.

Will never purchase any Pella products again. As for the store where I purchased the windows from, I will be discussing this matter with them as well.

They instructed me to go through the Pella company to resolve this matter. Appears when a corporation gets your money they forget about that great warranty and quality product they claim they stand by.

Review about: Pella Window.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: replace the defective windows and install functional windows.

I didn't like: Poor quality window, Refusal to replace defective products.

Comments

have been considering Pella but I am now beginning to wonder. Where can I find any positive reviews?

Seriously. Someone must be happy, but who ?