I purchased Pella windows for my home that I was the General Contractor for.On several of them the aluminum cladding on the outside is coming loose, and on the Pella sliding glass door as well.

On the two casement windows in my master bedroom the air leaks right through them. You can feel the cold air hitting you in the face. Last winter I put plasic up in one window and when it was windy out the plastic would bellow out as tight as a balloon. In my front bedroom the 3 windows in there have mold growing along the bottom from the air leakage and condensation buildup.

When I called Pella to complain about the casement windows which are still under warranty, the customer service rep. wanted to blame me for the situation. When I asked to speak to a supervisor magically none were available.

I would strongly recommend that you never buy a Pella window.They have been an absolute nightmare to own.

Review about: Pella Window.

Had an Experience with Pella?

Comments

Lafayette, Indiana, United States #973143

Brought Pella windows because sales rep said life time warranty.Now having problems and the sales rep said there never was a lifetime warranty and you have to pay for a service call.

Will never buy Pella again.g

I bought 4 panel French doors which have the slim shades inside them, I bought 2 of these at $13,000 each and I cannot get them clean.The are wooden and I have used vinegar and water and also windex.

I was just going to hire a window washer before I found this site. Also, Pella is the company I purchased these doors from but after I had so many problems with them, the Pella headquarters explained that they are just a warehouse in the Midwest and I would have to deal with the contractor here in DC called KC Company. I cannot open the glass panels and the work is not complete. Pella should not sell these products without informing consumers that they are not the actual company who will do the work.

I filed a complaint with the BBB and the President of KC told us that they do not belong to the BBB.

Pella is horrible, they should fix issues with their product.Yeah, I'm pissed!

The GENERAL CONTRACTOR obviously does not know how to properly install a window or understand what causes condensation.Pella windows are leak tested in the factory before they are packaged.

Having all these leaking windows is a sure sign that they were installed improperly.

I am sure your G.C.was worth every dime that you paid him!

to scott Glen Burnie, Maryland, United States #1354174

Scott you are wrong. I really want to say something stronger

Time and again I have seen pella products leak at the juncture of the glass to the aluminum clad frame of the sash

You cannot place that responsibility on the installer

Pella makes bad products that will fail

pellacorrespondence

We saw your blog and wanted to let you know that we’re interested in learning more about the specifics to help address your concerns. Please e-mail us at webinfo@pella.com, and provide your contact information, all available Pella® product information (i.e. where purchased, order numbers, any service completed, etc.) and any other pertinent facts. I will be glad to work with you to provide resolution.

We look forward to hearing from you soon to best assist you.

Sincerely,