Reading the other comments about Pella, it seems almost unnecessary to add another unhappy experience.To begin with, it took nearly 4 months to obtain the parts and replace a window sash with a failed seal and a rusted latch.
Because I neglected to ask about my warranty up front, the company would not honor it at the time of installation. Admittedly, I should have asked, but you can get a good idea of this company from the fact that once I pointed that out, they would not honor their warranty. The 20 year warranty, loudly proclaimed at purchase, is of no interest to the company. No sales rep every asked out it..
Added to that, I was charged for a part that was never received. When I attempted to get a refund, I was told that the repairman had replaced something on his own (I was never asked or even quoted a price) and therefore I would get no refund on the item I had ordered. All in all, dealing with this company for repair is a nightmare. At no time did Pella ever initiate communication or explain anything.
I was charged full price, up front, and then left to dangle, ultimately charged $495 to replace one latch and a 18" square sash, that was supposed to be covered by warranty.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I can't say yet if the waterproofing worked as they just finished 2 days ago and it hasn't rained. My complaint as of now is the mess they left. The..."
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "We were totaly shock when my daughter 7yrs old said dad it is no good. i said yes it is i just made it. she said look at this. it..."
- "I wish I could get off AARP's mailing list, they occupy the top of my junk mail sender list. They have begun employing a new and rather unscrupulous tactic, in..."
- "Since obtaining business service internet over the past 45 days, our connection drops daily and several times during the day. I have called customer support twice to no avail. The..."
- "NASTY GAL ITEMS SENT WITH HOLES AND TEARS AND CUSTOMER CARE DOESN'T CARE I ordered 12 items and 2 of my items have tears that sit right on the chest. They..."
- "I ordered Marco's pizza for the first time and had it delivered 12/28/15. Large 2 topping extra cheese and the pizza was very very greasy. I could literally see the..."
- "False advertising. Sold me 1 thing, sent me another. Refused to make it right! Worst online buying experience ever!! Horrible customer service!!!..."