Reading the other comments about Pella, it seems almost unnecessary to add another unhappy experience.To begin with, it took nearly 4 months to obtain the parts and replace a window sash with a failed seal and a rusted latch.
Because I neglected to ask about my warranty up front, the company would not honor it at the time of installation. Admittedly, I should have asked, but you can get a good idea of this company from the fact that once I pointed that out, they would not honor their warranty. The 20 year warranty, loudly proclaimed at purchase, is of no interest to the company. No sales rep every asked out it..
Added to that, I was charged for a part that was never received. When I attempted to get a refund, I was told that the repairman had replaced something on his own (I was never asked or even quoted a price) and therefore I would get no refund on the item I had ordered. All in all, dealing with this company for repair is a nightmare. At no time did Pella ever initiate communication or explain anything.
I was charged full price, up front, and then left to dangle, ultimately charged $495 to replace one latch and a 18" square sash, that was supposed to be covered by warranty.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "August 8: salesman and order.August 20: no contact from company. I called and made the order.Sept 7: Installation day.Sept 13: ongoing problems.The installers arrived with ceramic tile, and 3 backer..."
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "NASTY GAL ITEMS SENT WITH HOLES AND TEARS AND CUSTOMER CARE DOESN'T CARE I ordered 12 items and 2 of my items have tears that sit right on the chest. They..."
- "When Moving my expensive collectables from my curio cabinets for the carpeting to get replaced I found three missing items I did not notice missing before. I called the office..."
- "Jerry M. Jewell ruined my basement in Westminster, CO. Jerry was hired to remove the drywall in two bedrooms, a hallway, and bathroom for the purpose of an inspection by..."
- "Yesterday, I dropped my mother at the DFW Airport to take a flight on Etihad. From what I see, I find Etihad to be the most deceitful airline company ever...."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."
- "I love I love kickboxing hence the name :) it's like burning massive calories at a party, cause the music is pumping and you just have fun whilst working out...."